Wednesday, November 20, 2013

music for your wednesday

I don't seem to have the energy to edit and post photos right now, so I thought I'd share what I've been listening to over and over and over again these past few weeks...

We've been huge fans of Ha Ha Tonka since Larry discovered them in 2011. Their album that year, Death of a Decade, was #9 on Larry's list of best music of the year. A couple weeks ago while Larry was on business in Wyoming, he texted me that Ha Ha Tonka had a new album, Lessons, and that it was really good. I started listening and it was one of those albums that I just loved immediately. I put it on repeat for several days straight and declared it one of my favorite albums of 2013.

And then a serendipitous moment - when I checked the band's website, I was delighted to discover that Ha Ha Tonka would be playing live here in DC the following week. What luck! Words can't even describe how awesome their show was at the Rock & Roll Hotel last weekend (and really, I'm no good at writing about music, so I won't even try), but it was definitely a Top Five musical experience for me. Such a high energy show - I kinda went into that zone where it was just me and the music (and my beer)! I'll be adding Ha Ha Tonka to our list of Must-See-Whenever-They're-In-Town bands. (And also Will-Travel-for-Concert bands! Perhaps Nashville? Or Asheville?)



Also, the opener was Samantha Crain, and boy what a voice! Not only does this girl have talent, but she was adorable on stage - the kind of person who would be fun to hang out with. I've had her song "For the Miner" on repeat ever since.



No doubt, Larry will mention Ha Ha Tonka in his end of the year review this year, and while I didn't mean to scoop him, I just couldn't keep this stuff to myself any longer. I'm obsessed and this won't be the last time you'll hear me mention these guys.

Happy listening!

1 comment:

SlipOn said...

Hi
I have the best quality ringtone you can refer. Unique ringtone. Free ringtones. Ringtones from famous movies in the world. Many people around the world have installed ringtones for their mobile phones. How about you? Visit the home page below to get your favorite ringtone:https://ringtonemob.net/
I will introduce 5 most installed ringtones:
Laung Laachi ringtone Download
Snoop Dogg ringtone Download
Devak kalji re ringtone Download
Tera Fitoor ringtone Download
Ishare Tere ringtone Download
Thank you for your attention!