Tuesday, October 30, 2012

fantastic mr. (or ms.?) fox*

fox
On Sunday, I was out in my front yard with my camera, taking some pictures before the storm. I noticed some movement in my peripheral vision and discovered I was being watched...
fox
It's always so shocking to see wildlife other than squirrels and birds here in suburbia, and this guy was quite brazen as he pranced across my font yard, not 20 feet away from me. We saw another fox in our neighborhood last year, but he was mangy and scruffy. This guy was beautiful, with a gorgeous fluffy tail:
fox
fox
"Hey, can Banjo come out and play?"
fox
fox
*I googled to see if there were distinguishable differences in appearance between male and female red foxes and these instructions cracked me up! Thanks eHow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ohmygosh, so cute!