Saturday, December 3, 2011

thanksgiving in pictures

thanksgiving 2011
Yeah, yeah, I know Thanksgiving was a week and a half ago and everyone has moved on to Christmas...but I've been a little busy. Better late than never, I say!

We had Thanksgiving over at my Mom's house (and a second Thanksgiving at my Dad's on Sunday). We drank a lot of wine and made jokes at the dinner table about the "sticky nuts" that topped Mom's fabulous Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake with Candied Pecans.

I really wanted to host Thanksgiving at our house, but was just too busy this year. Next year it is happening. Though I am not going to be sticking my hand up a turkey's butt. Per the rules of our kitchen, that will be Larry's job.

I did contribute to the meal though. (Green Bean Casserole with Goat Cheese, Almonds, and Smoked Paprika and homemade Cinnamon Ice Cream were my responsibilities.)

The green beans:
thanksgiving 2011
The carving of the turkey:
thanksgiving 2011
The table:
thanksgiving 2011
Let's eat!
thanksgiving 2011
The pies. (Did I mention the sticky nuts?)
thanksgiving 2011
Me and Mom:
thanksgiving 2011
More sticky nuts!
thanksgiving 2011
My wacky and wonderful family:
thanksgiving 2011
Jaime (my brother's girlfriend), Steve (my brother), my aunt and uncle, me, Larry, my mom, and Lucy. Oh, and the somewhat creepy portrait at the left is my great great great great great great grandfather. He fell off a horse and died.

I think she's laughing about the sticky nuts...
thanksgiving 2011
Where's my freakin' turkey, bitchez???
thanksgiving 2011
The End. 

Now on to Christmas...

1 comment:

Karin said...

The "sticky nuts" look pretty fabulous...I'd kinda like a bite right now! ;) No seriously, I may need to try that recipe...yum.