Thursday, January 13, 2011

gluttonous december!

glutinous december!
We finished up 2010 with a total of 113 new recipes for the year! And like most Decembers, this one was full of carbs and sweets. It also appears we were into red and purple foods this month.

What we were eating and cooking this month: cookies, cookies, cookies, I ate my weight in cookies and found a new favorite Christmas cookie recipe. I cooked dirt beets for the first time, even though I cheated and hid them in a cake. We had a few snowy days, so we broke out Larry's famous Blizzard Chili (which we first concocted during Snowmageddon last February). I made this Creamed Haricot Vert and Corn Casserole twice. We busted into the homemade blueberry freezer jam for a taste of summer (made from the blueberries we picked in July). I tried out my new pizza stone for the first time. And we enjoyed lots of wine, cheese, and international foods on the last day of the year.

Here's to a delicious 2011!

P.S. See all the monthly cooking collages here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel! Great blog. I have really been enjoying your art work lately and of course your awesome cooking recipes and photos :) Congrats on everything!
Amanda Coolidge (from WTW and CW)

Funnelcloud Rachel said...

Hi Amanda! Thanks for reading and I hope you are doing well!

Elisa said...

YUM!