Saturday, October 30, 2010

weekend adventures: corn maze + pumpkin cannon

Well, we're back from our amazing RV trip out west - and have spent the last few days enjoying the luxury of flush toilets and hot showers, and recovering from jetlag and sickness (tip: don't drink the water!). I'm not sure how I'll begin to write about such an amazing experience - or how I'll ever sort through all the photos. Right now half the pictures are on Sarah's camera, so I'll wait to get them all in one place before sharing.
in the corn maze
Since we'd been out west for most of the month of October, I wanted to spend this weekend squeezing in some activities to enjoy the fall weather we get here in the east. We hit up Lawyers Winterbrook Farm in Thurmont, Maryland so I could cross #50 off my Life List: Visit a corn maze. We also got to shoot a PUMPKIN CANNON, which wasn't on my Life List, but should've been.
pumpkin cannon!
in the corn maze
The corn maze was cut into the shape of Ironman, which would be cool except that you can't view the maze from above so you really have no sense of what shape the maze is when you're walking through it. Also? We sucked at the corn maze. We only found two checkpoints and ended up coming out the way we went in.

How do we get out of here?
how do we get out of here?
in the corn maze
No seriously. Get us out of here!
in the corn maze
When we finally did get out of there, we rewarded ourselves for our poor performance with some kettle corn.
kettle corn!
straw bale movie screen
larry
Then it was time to shoot the pumpkin cannon!
pumpkin cannon!
These were the targets. Awesome!
pumpkin cannon!
Larry gathers his ammunition:
gathering ammunition
BLAM!
pumpkin cannon!
Then it was my turn to shoot.
pumpkin cannon!
pumpkin cannon!
That was fun! (Also, my big pumpkin head = the perfect Halloween accessory!)
pumpkin cannon!
We both missed though. To celebrate? A corn dog, of course!
corn dog!

2 comments:

Aubrey Dickey said...

I wish for the great of success in all of our destiny endeavors

Stephanie Schoolcraft said...

Our website is great, her latest blog that exceeds every expectation we set at the beginning of the project